It’s Party Time and i must say, this is best as the party’s desserts!!!
Yogurt Sponge Cup Cake
This is a very easy recipe that i came across from Sonia’s blog (Nasi Lemak Lover). It is very simple, easy and takes you less than an hour to do the things. The best thing is – The yogurt Sponge cake is extremely spongy, moist and fluffy!!! besides that, it is very light and soft, not oily and not overly sweet.
During this CNY, i baked 3 batches for family and friends. glad that they had nothing to complain about this 🙂
I love this recipe very much. After baking, the cake did shrink a little but it won’t collapse. It remained where it used to be.
I too decorated them with chocolate ganache and peach cuts (to attract the little cousin :P)
Fancy some spongy and moist texture of sponge cake???
Do have a try and i bet you will love it.
Yogurt Sponge Cup Cakes (make 16 to 18 cups)
(Recipe credits to Sonia)
4 medium egg yolks
10g castor sugar
4 medium egg whites
60g castor sugar
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
120g natural flavour yogurt
70g superfine flour
10g corn flour
40g corn oil
1) Beat egg yolks and sugar until thicken and appears in pale yellowish colour. Add in yogurt and mix well. add in corn oil and mix it well with the batter.
2) Add in the sieved dry ingredients (flour) into the batter and mix well.
3) Beat the egg white and cream of tartar until foamy. Gradually add in sugar and continue to beat the egg white until fluffy and soft peak form.
4) Mix the 1/3 of the egg whites mixture into the egg yolk batter. finally add in the remaining egg white mixture into the batter and mix it evenly with a spatula.
5) Spoon the batter into the pretty cups.
6) finally, bake the cup cakes in pre-heated oven at 160c for 25 minutes.
Thanks to Sonia for this Yummy recipe!
You may love to view Bitter Sweet Flavour too for her round yogurt sponge cake decoration 🙂