Yogurt Blueberry Muffins with Lemon Crust Sugar
I woke up unusually early to make some fresh bakes for breakkie.
Main ingredient of the day: Blueberries – with strong antioxidant properties 🙂
and turned everything into fresh baked yogurt blueberry muffins
These muffins had the tangy lemon flavour due to the lemon crust sugar
I always love the combination of yogurt into any baked items. Yogurt is something special that actually produces the baked ones with light, soft and fluffy texture. besides that, I reduced the sugar into 170g to make them into not-too-sweet muffins. As for the sugar crust, I used only one tablespoon instead of two.
When I re-read this recipe while blogging, I realized I made a mistake; I used 200g of superfine flour instead of 250g!!! Anyway, they turned out amazingly great! Yum 🙂
A bad idea to ‘squeeze’ them into 10 cups.
Yogurt Blueberry Muffin with Lemon Crust Sugar:
(recipe adapted from Table for 2 or more)
250gm cake/superfine flour (mistakenly used only 200g)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 heaped tsp lemon zest
80gm melted butter
200ml plain yogurt
1. preheat the oven to 180/ 170 C
2. sift cake flour with baking soda and baking powder.
3. remove 2 tbsp of sugar and combine it with the lemon zest. set aside.
4. mix the balance of sugar with sifted flour and set aside.
5. lightly beat the eggs and combine with melted butter and yogurt.
6. portion by portion, add in the dry ingredient.
7. mix just to wet ingredient. Do not combine until very smooth.
8. put in blueberries and lightly mix. Do not break the berries.
9. Spoon batter into 12 4oz muffin cups. Top with some lemon sugar.
10. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.