Many thanks to my tech guy friends who can really do magic. They managed to help out and retrieved back the corrupted files in the memory card. Thanks Puss!!!
Spaghetti with White Wine Green Lipped Mussels
The hero ingredients in this recipe are Anchor Pure New Zealand Butter and Talley’s Green lipped mussels
What you need are:
4 servings of spaghetti
1kg of Talley’s Green Lipped mussels
1 cup of White Wine
8 cloves of garlic; peeled and finely chopped
3 – 4 shallots; peel and finely chopped
3 fresh red chillies; finely chopped
100g of Anchor Pure New Zealand Butter
200ml of bonito flakes stock; seasoned (or use fish stock)
What you need to do:
1. Boil the mussels with white wine in a pot for about 5 minutes.
2. Strain the mussels and retained the cooking liquor for later use. Remove part of the mussels from the shells and keep some with the shell. (I kept them on a ratio of 4:1)
3. Then, cook the pasta in boiling salt water.
4. On another pan, heat up a little bit of olive oil and cook the shallots, parsley, garlic and chilli. Stir fry for a few minute.
5. Add in the bonito fish stock and the cooking liquor into the pan. Let it simmers a while and then whisk in Anchor Pure New Zealand Butter until emulsified, then season with salt (if not enough salty).
6. Finally toss in the pasta and mussels into the broth and stir-fry it a while in medium heat.
7. Sprinkle in the ground black pepper and garnish with parsley. Ready to serve.
Thanks to the pre-pack ingredients nowadays. There is no hassle of washing, scrubbing the shells of mussels before cooking. Hoho!!! Love the mussels which were soaked up with the essence of the white wine. They were plump, juicy and fresh too!!!
Best serve with a glass of white wine.