I love to bake goodies that are simple, light and fluffy.
I love baked goodies that are made of natural ingredients; not with artificial flavouring or colouring.
And this round, I chose to bake with pumpkin. Browsed through Table for 2 or… more and found this lovely recipe 😛
From the photos, it was looking sooooo fluffy and soft
Here!!! – The golden soft pumpkin cake
I too, used this recipe and turned it into Swiss-rolls and added in pumpkin puree and whipping cream as the filling. It turned out prettily in golden orangey colour that one couldn’t resist!
Best for perfect afternoon tea ♥
Love it? Have a try 🙂
Soft Pumpkin Cake 松软南瓜蛋糕 (original recipe from Table for 2… or more)
4 egg whites
1/8 tsp cream of tartar
4 egg yolks
50g pumpkin puree
50ml corn oil
80g cake flour
handful of nuts (I used walnuts)
1. Preheat oven to 160/180C
2. Mix pumpkin puree with milk. Then add in egg yolks and oil. Well blend the mixture and put in flour. Mix until smooth.
3. In another bowl, put in egg whites. Beat until frothy. Add in the cream of tartar and continue to beat until soft peak. Add in sugar and beat until stiff.
4. Fold in 1/3 of egg whites into mixture (B). mix well.
5. Pour in the remaining egg whites fold softly.
6. Pour into a 10 inch lined square pan and sprinkle the nuts over the cake. Bake for 25 minutes.
7. When the cake is done, remove from oven. Let it sit in the pan for 5 minutes and remove it from the pan, tear down the side liners and let it cool.