Angry Bird Cupcake Class @ Cake Connection, Jaya One

Category : Baking, Featured

Do you angry bird???

DSC_1025

Ever since I have my new phone with me, I’d actually angry bird very often. I meant, I play that game quite often. I will try to score as high as I can in order to get the 3 stars.

DSC_0750

So, one day, an email just popped up from my mailbox. It was an invitation from Shyamala and Nancy from Cake Connection; invited me over to attend the angry bird cupcake class. I was delighted and overjoyed; but on the other hand, I was very nervous too! What if I clumsily messed up the place?! What if my fingers were not working?! What if the cutie angry birds turned out to be really ugly in my hands?! What if… lol, too many what if were in my mind before the class.

***

DSC_0620

DSC_0625

These are the angry birds fondant figurines and cupcakes made by the pretty instructor – Nancy. Aren’t these cuties colourful, attractive and pretty? We went ohh-ed and ahh-ed after these cuties once stepped into the classroom.

DSC_0622

Nancy started the class with some introduction; taught us about the terms eg: sugar paste, marzipan, fondant, gum paste… etc etc etc.

DSC_0630

DSC_0641

DSC_0649

She then showed us how to color the fondant and turn the pure white fondant paste into beautiful coloured one.

angry bird

We were also taught to buttercream our cupcakes with the correct techniques.

DSC_0682

Before we get our hands dirty, Nancy demonstrated the ways of making angry bird figurines in 2D and 3D.

DSC_0690

Step by steps; she showed us every single tiny detail, very precisely for birds’ nostrils, beak, eyebrows, tails…

DSC_0715

angry bird2

making piggy figurine

angry bird3

Assemble them into the greeny bad guy; though the piggy is the bad guy, it was still looking adorable in Nancy’s hands

***

And… These were my works.

DSC_0728

DSC_0724

angry bird6

DSC_0775

DSC_0779

DSC_0784

DSC_0798

Do you like my works?
Now, I shall make no complains on the high price that people charge on all these cute cupcakes. Making these figurines really need a lot of concentration and it is really time consuming. I took about 4.5hours to make ONLY 6 of them!!!

***

angry bird4

Cake Connection is your one-stop baking and cake decorating specialty store. A place for you to get the baking needs. They are selling a variety baking and decorating items from A to Z that suit your needs in baking.

DSC_0741

DSC_0739

Oh besides that, Cake Connection offers classes such as cake decorating, fondant cookies and cupcakes, wedding class and other exciting classes too!

December Classes   Date Day Time Class Fees (RM)
BEGINNERS
~ NEW ~ Gingerbread House  Hands On  Dec 3rd Sat 2:00pm – 5:30pm RM200
Dec 23rd Fri 10:30am – 2:00pm
~ NEW ~   Christmas Cake Pops Hands On Dec 10th Sat 2:30pm – 5:30pm RM160
Fun with Cookies ~ Christmas Cookies ~  Hands On Dec 17th Sat 10:00am – 12:30pm RM120
~ NEW ~ Box of Chocolates
(Choc Cake with Truffles)
Hands On Dec 17th Sat 1:30pm – 5:00pm RM250
Flowers Jellycakes Hands On Dec 20th Tues 2:00pm – 5:00pm RM160
Chocolate Cupcakes Hands On Dec 22nd Thurs 2:00pm – 5:00pm RM150
Cupcake Fun 101 Hands On Dec 29th Thurs 2:00pm – 5:00pm RM100
INTERMEDIATE
~ HOT ~ Christmas Cupcakes  Hands On  Dec 3rd Sat 10:00am – 1:30pm RM220
Dec 13th Tues 10:30am – 2:00pm
World of Roses Hands On Dec 10th Sat 10:00am – 2:00pm RM250
Wedding Cake Class (Hands-On) Hands On Dec 16th Fri 10:00am – 6:00pm RM490
~ NEW ~ Angry Birds Cake Pops Hands On Dec 21st Wed 2:00pm – 5:30pm RM200
BAKING
~ NEW ~ Christmas Treats Demo Dec 15th Thurs 1:00pm – 6:00pm RM250
KIDS CLASS
~ NEW ~ Animal Planet cupcakes class Hands On Dec 1st Thurs 2:00pm – 4:30pm RM100
COMPREHENSIVE CLASS
~ HOT ~   4 Day Comprehensive Class Hands On Dec 6th – Dec 9th Tues   to
Fri
9:30am – 5:30pm RM2,350

The above is the class schedules to be conducted in coming December. If you would like to learn more about the angry bird cupcake classes, kindly view their website, email them or call them up for more details.

angry bird5

1. The ladies were working seriously in the class. Joslynn of Petit Nyonya was snapping with her camera.
2. Veronica of Quay Po Cooks and Sonia of nasilemaklover posing with their end products.
3. Chris of Pureglutton and Zurin of Cherry on a cake and Sonia were focusing hard on their arts.
4. with Tomoko of Caramel Factory and the pretty instructor, Nancy

Special thanks to Shyamala and Nancy for this great opportunity; and nice meeting the ladies too :)

Cake Connection Sdn Bhd
D-11-1, Block D, Jaya One,
72A, Jalan University,
Section 13, 46200 Petaling Jaya
Tel/Fax: +603-7956 4450
Business hours:
Mon-Fri: 9am – 6pm
Sat: 9am – 5pm
Closed on Sunday and Public Holiday
Webpage

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments (19)

That’s very cute! But they look more like grumpy birds than angry :D

haha, grumpy birds eh.
next time i will try to make them looking angrier :P

I tried before the Angry bird cake which was fulled with cream. The cupcake version is more healthy and ur cup cake looks really good. U got hidden talent.

Wilson

i think this type of angry bird is cuter than those cream type lor. hehe.
thanks, I am just a beginner, still learning, learning, learning…

Nice work! The angry birds cup cakes are so cute :P

haha, thanks :)

Haha … 2.5 hours to do only 6? I will not have the patience. Nor am I born with deft hands either.
But good job though.

Now.. how did they taste?

ooops, sorry James, I made i typo.
it is actually 4.5 hours >.<
lol, surely you will have the patience. you will satisfy with your end products and you will find the “patience” is worth paying lorrr

hmm, they tasted “angry”. lol.
well, they are too cute to be eaten lar

Wow your angry birds look so nice!! Can sell cupcakes edi :)

Thanks, baby sumo.
haha, no lar, no one will buy from me one. :P

Them birds sure look really pretty… and colourful… and angry? Hehe.

hhaha, noted,
i will try to make them looking angrier next time. aiksss

such cute angry birds there!! XD

nice meeting you too !

Nice meeting you the other day :)
had lots of fun too

Haha, very bright and colourful photos of the birds! And your artwork were great! The pig is so cute!

thanks thanks chingie.
haha, do you want some pig too??? :P

Aiwei, I just went to Zurin’s blog to leave my comment again because it was not registered. Same here, I left my comment and looks like ti is not registered as well. Lately, I find that leaving comments from my iPhone gives me this problem. Oh well!! Anyway, I wanted to say it was a great pleasure to meet you and the rest of the bloggers. Always nice to get to know a new friend especially someone who shares the same passion on food:D I love your post on the Angry birds and your photos are excellent! We will miss you this time at the Pre X’mas dinner but hope to catch up with you soon. Merry Christmas to you and and family! Hugs.

i <3 your creations, especially the black bird is even better than the original one. Will you share more photos with how to tutorials?

thank you!
hmm, i do not have more photos on tutorials as i was busy kneading and shaping the angry birds.
if you love to know more, you could always sign up classes at cake connection :)