Chefology X McCormick: Fuwa fuwa Savoury Souffle Pancake
Not sure if you heard of fuwa fuwa ふわふわ this term. It means fluffy in Japanese, which is also used to describe the light and airy texture of something and it is best to describe cake! Imagine sinking your teeth to the fluffiest soufflé pancake like sinking into the cloud. Best of all, this “cloud” comes in savoury taste! Something different from what you always get, as in sweet one.
Yep, let me present this savoury fuwa fuwa pancake to you!
Fuwa fuwa Savoury Souffle Pancake
2g McCormick Sea Salt Grinder
1 packet of Portobello mushroom (small size)
3 slices of bacons
McCormick Sea Salt Grinder
McCormick Black Peppercorn Grinder
McCormick Oregano Grinder
McCormick Italian Herbs
How to do it:
1. Separate the egg white and egg yolk.
2. In a bowl, mix the egg yolk, flour, milk, salt and honey until smooth
3. On a dry clean bowl, beat the egg white and sugar with until stiff.
4. Mix the egg white into the egg yolk batter evenly.
5. Heat up the Chefology 24cm frying pan, scoop the batter into the hot pan and pan fry the fluffy batter until golden brown
6. For toppings, stir fry the chopped bacons and sliced the Portobello mushroom, seasoned with sea salt, black peppercorn and sprinkle in Oregano and Italian herbs.
7. Plate the fuwa fuwa soufflé pancake and top it with the stir-fried toppings.
It is super soft and fluffy. Like I said, fuwa fuwa (fluffy). Wish I have more time and space to plate them prettily! This is a very simple recipe and you may now enjoy fuwa fuwa pancake at home!