Japan Trip 2017: 7D6N in Tokyo & Nikko
I left my soul in Japan again! Time really flies when i was in Japan. Huhu… but at the same time, I am very excited to share with you guys what I did in Japan last week. Perhaps you can slip in some of them into your coming soon itinerary too?!
This is going to be a summary post, whereas detailed post will be coming up in real soon. Hope I can speed up my write ups and share with you guys!
Read also: Things to do in Nikko
Eat + Shop in Tokyo + Sightseeing in Nikko
|Day 1||Day 2||Day 3||Day 4|
|In||KL/ Tokyo||Tokyo||Tokyo/ Nikko||Nikko/ Tokyo|
|Hotel Breakfast||Konbini||Hotel Breakfast|
|Shirohige Totoro’s Cream Puff Shop|
|Nikko Castella Honten
|Lunch||Tsukiji Itadori Unitora Kurau||桝屋ますや味処||あさやレストハウス|
|Flying with ANA||TOBU Tourist Information Center Asakusa|
Dominque Ansel Bakery
|Nikkoyama Chuzenji Temple |
|Watanabe Sahei Shoten Sakagura Sake Brewery
7 eleven ice cream
|Dinner||Ippudo Ramen||Hotel Kaiseki Dinner||Ito Yokado|
|Stay||Hotel Route Inn Tokyo Asagaya||Hotel Route Inn Tokyo Asagaya||Hotel Nikko Green Fuwari Natsukashiya||Hotel Route Inn Tokyo Asagaya|
|Day 5||Day 6||Day 7|
|Hotel breakfast||Hotel breakfast||Hotel breakfast|
|Nezu Shrine |
Moon Heart ムーンハート
Shibuya: Itoya, Cando
|Blue Bottle Coffee|
Don Quijote Shinjuku-sanchomae
|Lunch||伝説のすた丼屋||Star Gyoza||Narikura Tonkatsu 成蔵|
Hirota Cream Puff
|Shinjuku: Midori/ Mosaic Street|
Omotesando: Gomaya Kuki
7 eleven: Oden
Sunshine City Aquarium
|Dinner||Ore no French Tokyo||Yakiniku Excellent Ginza: Omakase dinner||Airport Konbini|
|TIAT Duty Free|
|Supper||Kirin City Plus Ginza||Goodbye Tokyo, JP|
|Stay||Hotel Mount View Hakone||Hotel Route Inn Tokyo Asagaya|
Visondata/ Samurai pocket wifi is always my best travel companion. It is very handy to have one when you are travelling, for GPS location, google translation, for area, restaurants and shops information, or opening hours, for you to keep spamming your Instagram or facebook feed. Remember to book at Visondata / Samurai Wifi and collect yours before travelling. It is priced very affordable too!
What I love most on Visondata’s device:
– Small and handy, I can just put in my pocket.
– UNLIMITED data at just Rm 20/day!!!
– Super long lasting battery; I hardly rely on the powerbank.
– Sharing up to 5 pax.
– The line was super smooth and fast! Love it max that we kept spamming the social feeds with photos and live scene.
– Wide coverage! I went up the mountain in Nikko and I was still able to connect. I didn’t find any disruption at all throughout my trip.
– Collect and return at convenient spots such as Mid Valley and KLIA & KLIA 2.
Highlight of the trip
1. But first, izakaya supper
This izakaya opens till late! Until 5am!!! Who doesn’t love it when the stomach is calling for chicken wings at late night?!
2. How to eat this piece of cutest dessert on earth? Awww
3. Indulge in the overflowing bowl of golden UNI
4. Managed to grab this from Dominique Ansel Bakery before the summer ends
5. Catch that beautiful view of Kegon falls and Lake Chuzenji
6. Try out the local delicacies – Yuba
7. Visit to the World Heritage Shrine
8. Splurge on the shiawase stay in an onsen hotel
That comes with hot spring bath, kaiseki course dinner and breakfast!
9. Make a wish and fly it facing Mt. Nantai from Shinkyo Bridge
10. Spoil ourselves on Nikko castella with “gold leaves”
11. Taste the local sake and learn process of making it.
12. Grab the goods from local supermarket
13. Zen in Nezu shrine in Tokyo
14. Savour on the most affordable French cuisine in Ore no French
15. Down the coolest frozen Kirin Beer
16. Sip up the smooth cup of Blue Bottle Coffee
17. Dive into all the Zakka(s) world
Natural Kitchen, Flying Tiger, Can.do, 3 Coins, Loft, Tokyu Hands… Bring them on
18. Slurp up the world’s richest sesame ice cream
No other place but Gomaya Kuki in Omotesando
19. Splurge on the marble beef slices in Yakiniku Excellent Ginza
Delicious and excellent I would say! Do wait for my detail post.
20. Buy all the fruits in the market
21. Omggg, how thoughtful Japanese are!
They even have the fridge coin locker for you to store your buys in super market. (sorry, first time seeing this. LOL); we stored our buys here and headed off for sightseeing.
22. Queue for the best tonkatsu from Narikura
23. Witness the “flying” penguin
24. Last but not least, Shop till you drop
Yea, I am really… *speechless*
Extra Stuff You Can Do in Tokyo
If you would like to polish up your skill on cooking Japanese cuisine, feel free to join one of the cooking classes held in Tokyo . There are numerous classes for you to try on, such as Sushi making , Ramen and Gyoza Class , Tempura Class and etc. I am now eyeing on the Wagashi Class and also Bento Class to power up my bento skill. They are all conveniently located in Tokyo.
4 thoughts on “Japan Trip 2017: 7D6N in Tokyo & Nikko”
Hello, may I ask how do you do your itinerary planning? It seems so well planned and you are able to cover many sightseeing and eating places in a day. Also you seem to know very well which train pass to purchase and best prices for accommodation.
Do share some tips. Thank you.
Hi Winnie, I did a lot of research before hand. Normally at least 4 months to my trip to grab the accommodation deal. Must book earlier to prevent no accommodation especially during peak season. And check on the location of the accommodation, is it convenient and near to station.
For train, I will use tokyo subway app to check on the train route.
I too will try to check out the area I wish to explore and what’s the nearby attraction and good food to try.
Plan nicely and you will be able to slot in quite a lot of things 🙂
Hope these help!
Hi! Which store / location did you get your bowl of uni from and how much did it cost you? Great guide 🙂
Thank you. I hope you enjoy reading this.
the bowl of uni is from Itadori Unitora Kurau in Tsukiji Market. it was 3,500 yen.
there are a few Itadori in Tsukiji Market. and i went to this on in Akiyama bldg 1F (4-13-17 Tsukiji, Chuo-ku, Tokyo)
you may check out this site for other outlets