Dream comes true! Finally, my dream comes true! I got to have this eye opening experience with my BFF <3
It’s Hanami in Tokyo in late of March where we get to have the sakura viewing experience to welcome the beautiful spring.
花見 in Tokyo + Hakone
|Day 1||Day 2||Day 3||Day 4|
|In||KL/ Tokyo||Tokyo||Tokyo||Tokyo/ Hakone|
|Gontran Cherrier Shinjuku Branch||Bentomi Sushi 寿司弁富||Konbini|
Nakamise Shopping Street
|> Travel to Mount Takao高尾山on Keio Line|
|Lunch||Steak & Hamburg Kuishinbo ||Suzukien x Nanaya Gelato||Soba/ Udon house
|Flying with ANA||Ueno Park|
Shinjuku Gyoen (but closed)
Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building
PABLO Cheese Tart
|Explore Mount Takao:
Takao-san Yakuo-in Temple
Tengu no Koshikake-sugi
Mount Takao Summit
|Dinner||大江戶迴轉壽司||Gyutan Tororo Mugi-meshi Negishi||Torikizoku 鳥貴族|
Daikoku Drug Store
Take away 豐後高田とり
|Stay||Sun Members Tokyo Shinjuku||Sun Members Tokyo Shinjuku||Sun Members Tokyo Shinjuku||Hotel Route Inn Tokyo Asagaya|
|Day 5||Day 6||Day 7|
|In||Tokyo/ Hakone||Hakone/ Tokyo||Tokyo|
|Konbini||Hotel breakfast||Hotel breakfast|
|> Travel to Hakone by Odakyu Romance Car|
Checked in hotel
|Hakone Kowakien Yunessun Hot Spring|
Yunessun + Mori-no-yu
|Hanami in Shinjuku Gyoen
Hot spring bath @ hotel
|Gotemba Premium Outlet|
Dominique Ansel Bakery
|Dinner||Hotel dinner||Hakata Ramen||Airport Konbini|
|Don Quijote Kabukicho||TIAT Duty Free|
|Supper||Goodbye Tokyo, JP|
|Stay||Hotel Mount View Hakone||Hotel Route Inn Tokyo Asagaya|
Here is the breakdown of the spending of my trip, everything exclude shopping. We spent on food, great sushi in the market and fantastic desserts. Also day trip to mount Takao and overnight trip with the most shiawase meal in Hakone. For this trip, we spent about Rm 4260 per pax (exclude shopping). Many “thanks” to the weak currency we are having. The exchange rate was 1000yen = Rm 40. Sigh. Pray hard for a better economy and stronger currency in near future.
Oversea wifi is the best invention ever!!! It is very handy to have one when you are travelling, for GPS location, google translation, for area, restaurants and shops information, for you to keep spamming your Instagram or facebook feed. It is super convenient to have one in your hand. Priced very affordable too. Remember to book at Visondata / Samurai Wifi and collect yours before travelling.
What I love most on Visondata’s device:
– Small and handy, I can just put in my pocket.
– UNLIMITED data at just Rm 20/day!!!
– Super long lasting battery; I hardly rely on the powerbank.
– Sharing up to 5 pax.
– The line was super smooth and fast! Love it max that we kept spamming the social feeds with photos and live scene.
– Wide coverage! I went up the mountain and I was still able to connect. I didn’t find any disruption at all throughout my trip.
– Collect and return at convenient spots.
Highlight of the trip
1. Savour a nice piece of bread in the land of rising sun
2. Queued to sample the creation of Asia’s Best Pastry Chef 2015
This definitely worth my time queuing for their extra delicate and feathery dessert. I will have this post on its own for sure!
3. Beer and picnic in Ueno Park
4. Shop for goods in Ameyoko
A busy market street along the tracks between Okachimachi and Ueno Station; this place has got everything you need here. Clothes, bag, cosmetic, fruits, food and etc. Things are cheaper than many other places! We got the super juicy strawberries all at only 2000 yen.
5. Continue to chase for Sakura in Shinjuku Gyoen
Too bad, it was close already when we got there on the first day but we got a glimpse of Sakura Tree outside the garden
6. Night view Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building
7. Yummiest sushi that won’t burn your wallet.
Because every plate is only ¥ 150 !!!
8. Go luxe on breakfast with Sushi plate in Tsukiji Market.
Forget about Sushi Dai and Sushi Daiwa that are forever in the long queue. We hopped over to the place that was less crowded and came out with super full stomach
9. Doing the must do in Asakusa
Which is taking the photo with this red lantern and of course visit the Sensoji.
10. Slurp up the intense level 7 matcha ice cream
No other place but in SUzukien x Nanaya
11. Explore into Takeshita Dori
The 400 meters fashionable street that lined with trendy shops, fashion, boutique and fast food chain! Also, people comes here for Lolita too
Direct access from JR Harajuku Station Takeshita Exit
12. Eat the freshly fried chips in Calbee+
Best chips ever!
13. Dig in the fluffiest pancake!
Softest fluffiest pancake and some says it’s No.1!
14. PABLO cheese tart, still the best over here.
So do their SOFT SERVE!
15. How can we say no to GYUTAN at Negishi
16. Get adventure on the chair lift up to Mt Takao!
17. Slurp up the hot soba and warm sake at the cold weather
Never thought the weather can be as cold as 7degree during spring
18. Hike up to the peak at 599 meter high
and drink hot sake!!!
19. Order all because it’s only 280 yen for everything in Torikizoku
20. Up we go, on Hakone Ropeway
21. Do you wanna build a snowman?!
It was still snowing during spring time!!! BRrrrrr…
22. It says eat 1 kuro-tamago will add 7 years to your life
23. Board the Hakone Sightseeing Cruise and sail along Lake Ashi
24. Zen in Hakone Jinja
Stands at the foot of Mount Hakone alone the shores of Lake Ashi, is this shrine with a beautiful tori gate that stands strongly at Lake Ashi. Hidden here is a very popular baby wishing tree where people come here to wish for babies and pray for safe delivery.
25. Splurge on the shiawase stay in an onsen hotel
That comes with hot spring bath, course dinner meal and the most shiawase breakfast!
26. Splash water in the Hakone Kowakien Yunessun Hot Spring
27. Shop til you drop in Gotemba Premium Outlet
28. More Hanami in Shinjuku Gyoen
29. Zest up the tongue with Afuri Ramen
30. The Hanami date with my idols!
Detail post will be up soon! What and where do you guys wanna read first?!
Extra Stuff You Can Do in Tokyo
If you would like to polish up your skill on cooking Japanese cuisine, feel free to join one of the cooking classes held in Tokyo . There are numerous classes for you to try on, such as Sushi making , Ramen and Gyoza Class , Tempura Class and etc. They are all conveniently located in Tokyo. I am now eyeing on the Wagashi Class and also Bento Class to power up my bento skill.