This was my very first trip with all the bff(s) flying out of the home country, happened back then during winter days early of the year. It was a short but fun trip with the bunch; eat and drink and beer and shopping! We managed to secure the flight ticket at its very low rate during AA promotion, and the hotel rate was pretty low too due to the non-peak winter season. *Double win*
|Day 1||Day 2||Day 3||Day 4||Day 5|
|In||KL/ Kyoto||Kyoto||Kyoto||Kyoto/ Osaka||Osaka/ KL|
|Breakfast/ brunch||Breakfast @ Gion Fukuzumi||Konbini||Hoshino Coffee Kyoto Station||Kuromon Ichiba Market|
|Lunch||Tenshu Tempura||Nishiki Market|
Food Hall @ Daimaru
|Kyo Ine||Ichiran Ramen Dotonbori||Mizuno Okonomiyaki|
|Shinsaibashi Shopping Street |
Sennichimae Doguyasuji Shopping Street
Pablo Cheese Tart
Don Quijote Dotonbori
|Dinner||Gion Fukuzumi||Watanabeya (Yakiniku)||Menyatakakuranijou|
|Yakiniku M||Horai 551|
|Don Quijote Dotonbori||Goodbye Japan 🙁|
|Stay||Gion Fukuzumi||Hotel Hearton Kyoto||Hotel Hearton Kyoto||Hotel Wing International Shin Osaka|
Highlight of the trip
1. Eat matcha dessert in Kyoto
Everyone sure knows Kyoto is famous for matcha. We went to Tsujiri Honten for the dessert.
2. Catching a glimpse of Geisha or Maiko in Gion
There were no sight of them during day time but it was good to explore around this area for its beauty.
3. Visit the pure water temple – Kiyomizudera
One of the UNESCO world heritage sites, founded in 780 on the site of the Otowa Waterfall in the wooded hills east of Kyoto, and derives its name from the fall’s pure waters.
4. Slurp up the tofu ice cream
5. Enjoy the ryokan stay
6. Experience the uniqueness of kyo ryori
These dinner course were served in Gion Fukuzumi. Love the tofu nabe the most!
I can have rice for breakfast everyday here in Japan.
7. Walk through the tunnel of torii gates
8. Try all the food in Kyoto’s Kitchen – Nishiki Market
9. Mesmerize the beauty of Togetsukyo Bridge
Also known as Moon Crossing Bridge, is Arashiyama’s most iconic landmark.
10. Zen-ing in Tenryuji Temple
Another UNESCO World Heritage Sites; also ranked among Kyoto’s five great Zen temples, the largest and most impressive temple in Arashiyama.
11. Savour the best vegetarian meal – tofu ryori
Really can’t believe a simple ingredient, tofu can make up such an amazing cuisine. Must try Kto-Ine when you are in Arashiyama.
12. See the shimmering golden Kinkakuji
13. Dance with the Glico man in Shinsaibashi
14. The must eat in Osaka – Okonomiyaki
15. Shop for kitchen wares/ cutleries in Sennichimae Doguyasuji Shopping Street
16. Splurge on the famous top grade beef – Matsusaka beef
17. Eat like a king in Kuromon Market
18. Find back the scent of first love with a bite of white strawberry
19. Visit the famous Osaka Castle
Standing elegantly in white and green with a touch of humble gold.
20. Dine in Pablo for the wobbly Pablo Cheese Tart
It is always best to have great companions during the trip. It was my very first time travel with my >20years bff, and also the #awesome6 gang
For details of what we did, will blog about soon. I hope. LOL