New Zealand Natural Ice Cream Desserts Workshop
Bored with scooping the ice cream from the tub? Why not transform them into some pretty desserts that you can find in the posh restaurants?
Not long ago, I was invited to New Zealand Natural desserts workshop in The Cooking House at Desa Sri Hartamas. Honestly, I have never made desserts from ice cream except eating ice cream from the tub, ice cream with waffles and sandwich the ice cream with the bread (errr, does this count as ice cream desserts?). Well, this gotta be a great opportunity to learn something new, hehe. Here, together with few other bloggers, we learnt to transform New Zealand Natural’s ice cream into special desserts.
Lovely Merkaine from The Cooking House demonstrated the techniques of making desserts before we started to get our hands dirty.
1# Chocolate Delirious Cupcake with Stuffed Ice Cream
Using White Chocolate & Raspberry Ice Cream
- Sponge cake mix
- 300g chocolate coating (melted)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 250g chocolate coverture
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Prepare ganache by heating cream over pan and then pour over chocolate coverture.
- Whisk till all chocolate have melted and smooth
- Cool and use once texture is pliable.
- Scoop ice cream into balls and freeze.
- Use a knife and remove the middle part of the cupcake.
- Dip ice cream balls into chocolate coating then freeze.
- Once hard enough, place coated ice cream into cupcake and pipe ganache over.
- Decorate as pleased.
Our master pieces. You can decorate in any way you like, with whipping cream and sprinkle with some coloured sugar.
2# Tiramisu Ice Cream Stack
Using Cookies & Cream Ice Cream
- 1 pkt of sponge fingers
- 2 cups of Espresso coffee
- 2 cups of whipped cream
- Cocoa powder for dusting
- Pipe whipped cream on the base of the cup.
- Then place a piece of sponge finger soaked in espresso on top.
- Then top with Cookies & Cream ice-cream.
- Repeat and lastly top with whipped cream.
- Dust with cocoa powder and serve!
Trust me, this is really good. With ONLY New Zealand Natural’s Cookies & Cream Ice Cream and sponge fingers and whipped cream and quality espresso, it tasted like the real tiramisu (without the use of the forever expensive mascarpone cheese). I tried substitute with other brand’s ice cream; but but but, the outcome wasn’t as good and wasn’t as real as the one made from NZN’s Cookies & Cream.
Yum Yum, We both love this tiramisu!
Kampungboycitygal with their “K” brand tiramisu.
3# Chilled White Chocolate Mousse
Using Chocolate Ecstasy Ice Cream
White Chocolate Mousse:
- 180g white chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 250ml cream
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 250g whole almond with skin (roasted)
- 450g white sugar
White Chocolate Mousse method:
- Double boil the white chocolate till melted and smooth.
- Set aside to coo before using.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream till stiff and then whish egg white till resemble a meringue.
- Fold in the cream and egg white together with vanilla extract and white chocolate cream.
- Pipe white chocolate mousse onto a cup, then scoop chocolate ice cream and finally top with almond brittle.
Almond Brittle Method:
- Melt sugar in a small pot till the color resembles a caramel tint.
- Pour onto the almond placed on a parchment paper.
- Let it cool and break to use.
Jeng Jeng Jeng, simple and pretty isn’t it?! Hah, the jolly season is soon arrived, get some NZN’s ice cream and prepare for home parties or gathering!
New Zealand Natural can be found at IPC Shopping Centre, Suria KLCC, KL Convention Centre, the Curve, Centro Klang, Sunway Pyramid, The Waterfront at Desa Parkcity and north in Queensbay Mall and Sunway Carnival in Penang. The plus point is, every 30th of the month, all ice cream Take Home Packs are priced at 30% off 🙂
Special thanks to New Zealand Natural for a great and exciting evening!