There was the left over and near to expiry date half tube of yogurt sitting still in the fridge. Not wanting to bring it into waste bin, i had to find a way to ‘finish’ it up.
I came across this Low Fat Orange Yogurt Cake from Happy Home Baking.
With the precious wand and spell from Harry Potter again, I managed to turn the ingredients into fragrant orange yogurt cake. Unlike the moist and dense pound cake we used to have, the Orange Yogurt Cake turned out to be super soft, fluffy and light.
Oppppssssss…. Cracccccckkkkkkk =.=
The Low in Fat Orange Yogurt Cake.
Lot-Fat Orange Yogurt Cake
(recipe adapted from Happy Home Baking)
250g cake flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
70g butter, soften at room temperature
zest of 1 orange
180g sugar (I reduced it to 150g)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup plain, non-fat yogurt (i used the Nestle ‘set’ yogurt)
1 teaspoon vanilla essence (i omitted this)
3 tablespoon orange juice
1) Preheat oven at 180 degree. Grease or line a 8″ by 4″ loaf pan.
2) Sift the cake flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Leave aside.
3) In a bowl, mix the yogurt, vanilla essence and orange juice together.
4) beat butter and zest of orange using the electric mixer. Add in sugar and beat at a high speed.
5) Add in eggs mixture gradually and blend well
6) Add in 1/3 of the flour mixture and beat well at a low speed, then 1/2 of the yogurt mixture and beat at medium-high speed. Next, add in half of the flour mixture and mix at a low speed. again, add in the remaining yogurt mixture and blend well. finally, add in the rest of the four mixture and blend well.
7) Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes clean.